The MTAQ offers members Professional Development and guidance for music teachers throughout their career. We value a sense of community in our branches, groups and between our members.
- Guidelines on Music Teaching for private studio teachers
- Avenues of Assistance – connect like-minded teachers and students; providing help and information to our members
- Member Risk Management Strategy template and Disclosure Guidelines
- Professional Development
- Website listing – connecting students with teachers
- Social Networking and get-togethers: Branch and Teacher Group meetings in Brisbane, Biloela, Cairns, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba and Townsville
- Performance opportunities for students and semi-professionals – competitions for pianists, singers and composers, along with student recitals
- Helping members obtain the best price on buying a new car with Auto Tender. Brochure www.autotender.com.au/MTAQ
- Discount on printing services with Mail Boxes Etc (MBE) (select areas only) About MBE - Mail Boxes Etc (MBE)
- High quality insurance with recommended insurer - H2 Insurance Solutions
Other benefits: members journal, member invoice books, regular member emails
Download the Guide - Membership Application Guide
Download the Form - Membership Application Form
Download the Renewal Form - Membership Renewal Form - 2018
Download the Upgrade Form - Membership Upgrade Form
Professional (18 years and over)
This category suits a teacher who has a degree/diploma in music from a recognized tertiary institution that includes music related pedagogical training.
This category suits a teacher of music without formal qualifications who has at least five years experience with documented results, evidence of ongoing professional development, and employment references.
This category suits a teacher of music who has completed a course/s accepted by the MTAQ Council for Accreditation.
Associate (18 year and over)
This category suits a teacher who has completed a degree/diploma in music from a recognized tertiary institution that does not contain music related pedagogical training.
This category suits a teacher of music who is in the process of accumulating at least five years experience with documented results, and who is in the process of working towards Professional Membership.
Student (16 years and over)
This category suits a student of music who is in the process of obtaining a degree/diploma from a recognized tertiary institution, and who is in the process working towards Professional Membership.
Friend of the Association
This category of membership is for a person who is interested in the aims of the association, supports it, but is not a teacher.
This category is for subscriptions to the MTAQ Journal, Bravura. The journal contains association, branch and regional news, information about professional development, upcoming events, and recitals.
|Member Type||Application Fee||Brisbane||Regional|
Fees are due at the beginning of the calendar year
Pro-rata fees apply when joining at different times of the year.
The journal is in either digital or print format. For members buy lorazepam online , a small fee applies for the print journal, in addition to fees.